CHARLESTON, SC – November 24, 2008 – SCRA, a global leader in applied research and commercialization services, today announced the following promotions in SCRA’s Institute for Solutions Generation for continued support of the company’s successful growth:
· Bartley (Bart) Coghill has been promoted to Principal Systems Engineer. Coghill’s primary responsibility is engineering lead for Project SeaHawk, the national model for port security serving the Port of Charleston. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tennessee.
· Nikki Crosby has been promoted to Sr. Program Assistant. Crosby provides program support services that enable the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of ISG projects. She assists in managing program budgets, manages subcontractor project status report submissions and performs database queries to track budgeted vs. actual costs. She also awards Support Service Agreements for ISG Consultant Services and performs contract closeout for subcontracts including funds reconciliation, final payment, property disposition and subcontractor’s release of claims. She provides a variety of other support services as necessary to all ISG associates in order to meet Institute objectives.
· Darla Nettles Edwards has been promoted to Sr. Technical Manager. Edwards provides project management services for PDES, Inc., a member-supported consortium accelerating the development and implementation of standards to support model-based engineering, manufacturing and sustainment. She oversees the Systems Integration Board and participates in the development of standards and technical specifications. For the Next Generation Manufacturing Initiative, she provides risk management. Ms. Edwards has a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Fine Arts from the College of Charleston and is a Certified Project Management Professional with the Project Management Institute.
· Jena Garrett has been promoted to Financial Performance Manager. Garrett manages the development of the ISG annual budget, three-year forecast, monthly financial results, and expenditures throughout the budgetary period. She analyzes financial data and reports and defines relevant information; interprets data for determining past financial performance and to project financial probability. She provides oversight of program revenues/expenditures and measures against program baselines to provide an assessment of program financial health. Garrett has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Winthrop University and is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) with the Project Management Institute.
· Becky Imhoff has been promoted to Program Administrator. Imhoff provides a variety of program support services that enable the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of several ISG projects. Her primary responsibility is managing program budgets and deliverables for the Air Force-funded COMET, IDEV, and RANGER programs, and the Next Generation Manufacturing Technologies Initiative. She provides a variety of other support services as necessary in order to meet the Institute’s objectives. She is a graduate of the College of Charleston with a Bachelor of Science degree in International Business.
· Buddy McAlister has been promoted to Senior Director of Systems Engineering. McAlister provides support to various clients in areas of systems engineering, systems architecture design, agile software development and technical project management. He has a Master’s degree in Computer Resource Management from Webster University and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from Texas Lutheran University. He is also a Certified Project Management Professional with the Project Management Institute and is a Certified Scrum Master by the Scrum Alliance.
· Liz Qualls has been promoted to Sr. Program Assistant. Qualls is responsible for ISG’s Government Property management program. She ensures the program complies with Federal Acquisition Regulation requirements and proper control, use, preservation, and maintenance is performed on government property supporting all institute programs. She also performs market research for software and material requirements in support of ISG proposals and programs, and maintains Maintenance License Agreements on a variety of software products used by ISG. She also provides simplified acquisition purchasing support. Ms. Qualls is a Certified Professional Property Administrator with the National Property Management Association.
· Jim Radley has been promoted to the position of Senior Program Manager, Systems Engineering. Radley is the SCRA Program Manager for Project SeaHawk, the national model for port security. He has a Master’s and Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
· Charles Sharp has been promoted to the position of Program Manager. Sharp is the program manager for Next Generation Management Technology Initiative, which accelerates the development and implementation of breakthrough manufacturing technologies. He also manages COMET, a United States Air Force-funded program works to integrate cost models into design manufacturing tools and systems. He has a Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Business from Virginia Military Institute.
About SCRA (www.scra.org)
SCRA is a global leader in applied research and commercialization services with offices in Anderson, Charleston and Columbia, South Carolina. SCRA collaborates to advance technology. SCRA provides technology-based solutions with assured outcomes through collaboration with industry, government, and with research universities like Clemson University, the University of South Carolina and the Medical University of South Carolina.