The South Carolina Department of Revenue (SCDOR) reminds taxpayers who filed for an extension that their Individual Income Tax returns are due October 15. Here are some tips and reminders for those who requested a filing extension.
Tips for extension filers:
- The extension is for filing your return, not for payment. If you have not yet made a payment, you may owe additional interest/penalties.
- File electronically. It’s faster, more secure, and more accurate.
- Review available tax credits that may apply to you.
- File on time. You may face a penalty if you file after October 15.
- Keep a copy of your tax return for your records.
Making a payment?
- Securely pay from a smartphone or computer using MyDORWAY, our free online tax system, at dor.sc.gov/pay.
- Need a payment plan? Qualified taxpayers can request one at dor.sc.gov/payplan.
Getting a refund? Go direct!
While there are different refund options, the best refund option is direct deposit. It’s your fastest and safest choice. If a tax preparer files for you, make sure to tell them you choose direct deposit! All you need to do is provide your bank account information.