By Jerry Bellune
How do you build a business that rocks?
Our friend Ruth King told us that Jim Howard who published her book, The Courage to be Profitable, asks business owners:
- What is your reason for being in business? Why are you doing this?
- What does your customer get out of it? Your reasons have to be big enough for your customer and you to care.
- What is your offer? What can you provide them that they want or need?
Their wants may be different from their needs. Many of us get what we want rather than what we need. People buy on wants and justify it with their need later.
- How do you tell them about the value of what you have to offer?
You can’t build it and they will come. You have to build it, market it and tell them why they should need or want it.
- What pain will you fix? What pleasure can you give? Without pain or a dream to motivate them, they won’t respond.
- How do you retain them as clients?
You must be loyal to them and look out for their interests if you want them to become loyal and trust you.
Long-term maintenance plans and extended warranties with multiple benefits can build their trust in you.
That’s how you build a business that rocks. We share such ideas in Maverick Entrepreneurs’ Million Dollar Strategies.
For a $20 personally autographed copy, contact us at 803-359-7633. You can get an electronic copy on Amazon, too https://amzn.to/2DUhf18 .
Copyright 2019, The Bellune Co., Inc.