Eight attorneys at Burnette Shutt & McDaniel are included in the 2023 edition of “Legal Elite of the Midlands,” an annual guide based on a poll of the region’s lawyers.
The list of honors includes M. Malissa Burnette’s recognition as the top vote recipient in Employment Law – Plaintiff. Additionally, six attorneys earned honors in multiple practice areas.
All told, the lawyers were recognized in 10 different practice areas. Many of the honors were in employment law-related categories, though the attorneys also were listed in practice areas such as Business Litigation, Environmental Law, Family Law and Education Law.
This year’s honorees and their practice areas are:
• M. Malissa Burnette: Employment Law – Plaintiff and Mediation
• Nekki Shutt: Business Litigation and Employee Benefits
• Kathleen McDaniel: Business Litigation and Environmental Law
• Jack Cohoon: Appellate Law; Employee Benefits; Employment Law – Defendant; and Employment Law – Plaintiff
• Amanda Mueller: Family Law
• Samantha Albrecht: Employment Law – Plaintiff; Employment Law – Defendant; Labor Law; Education Law
• Grant Burnette LeFever: Education Law
• Sarah J.M. Cox: Appellate Law; Employment Law – Defendant; Employment Law – Plaintiff
An annual publication of Columbia Business Monthly, Legal Elite honors the Midlands’ top lawyers in 50 practice areas. Selection begins with a nomination from another attorney. A poll of the active lawyers in the region decides the final lists.
About Burnette Shutt & McDaniel, PA
Located in Columbia’s historic business district, Burnette Shutt & McDaniel, PA’s attorneys are licensed to practice in all South Carolina courts and at all levels of federal courts, including the U.S. Supreme Court. The firm represents clients in a range of areas, including employment, environmental, education, and family law. They also handle employee benefits and ERISA matters, civil rights cases, privacy and data protection issues, and government matters such as eminent domain, land use and zoning. Learn more at burnetteshutt.law.