In person Absentee voting for the 2022 Statewide Primaries will begin Monday, May 16 at the new Voter Registration & Elections office at the Bolt Drive Complex, Laurens.
The address is 105 Bolt Dr, Ste B Laurens, SC 29360
Remember, to vote absentee, a person must meet one of 17 requirements:
- Members of the Armed Forces
- Members of the Merchant Marine
- Spouses and dependents residing with members of the Armed Forces or Merchant Marine (click here for additional information)
- Persons serving with the American Red Cross or with the United Service Organizations (USO) who are attached to and serving with the Armed Forces outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Citizens residing overseas
- Persons who are physically disabled (includes illnesses and injuries)
- Students attending school outside their county of residence and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons who for reasons of employment will not be able to vote on election day
- Government employees serving outside their county of residence on Election Day and their spouses and dependents residing with them
- Persons who plan to be on vacation outside their county of residence on Election Day
- Persons serving as a juror in state or federal court on Election Day
- Persons admitted to the hospital as emergency patients on Election Day or within a four-day period before the election
- Persons with a death or funeral in the family within three days before the election
- Persons confined to a jail or pre-trial facility pending disposition of arrest or trial
- Persons attending sick or physically disabled persons
- Certified poll watchers, poll managers, and county election officials working on Election Day
- Persons sixty-five years of age or older
The Primaries will be conducted on Tuesday, June 14.
For questions, please contact the Laurens Voter Registration & Elections Office (864-984-4431) or visit SCVotes.gov.