Moore & Van Allen PLLC (MVA) announced that the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® lists 16 MVA attorneys in South Carolina who were highly recommended by their peers. This includes firm Member Douglas “Doug” M. Muller, who was named a Best Lawyers® 2024 “Lawyer of the Year.” In addition, MVA attorney William R. Stroud was selected as among the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America.
Firmwide, Best Lawyers lists 109 MVA attorneys in the 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America, including five firm attorneys who were named Best Lawyers 2024 “Lawyer of the Year.” Across all the firm’s offices, 42 MVA attorneys were selected to the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers Ones to Watch® in America.
Muller was recognized as the Best Lawyers 2024 Admiralty and Maritime Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Charleston. In each metropolitan area, only a single attorney in each legal practice area is designated as the “Lawyer of the Year.”
The MVA attorneys in South Carolina listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2024 are as follows:
- Christopher “Chris” T. Colwell – Banking and Finance Law; Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law
- Reid E. Dyer – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Julianne Farnsworth – Commercial Litigation
- Lesley A. Firestone – Administrative / Regulatory Law; Energy Law; Environmental Law
- Brandon Gaskins – Commercial Litigation; Employment Law – Management
- Jenny M. Heichelbech – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Charles M. Jordan, Jr. – Health Care Law
- Cynthia J. Lowery – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Paul M. Lynch – Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Douglas “Doug” M. Muller – Admiralty and Maritime Law; Appellate Practice; Commercial Litigation
- Ashley Steele Nutley – Banking and Finance Law; Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Equipment Finance Law
- Christopher A. Ogiba – Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Employment Law – Management; Litigation – Banking and Finance; Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Labor and Employment; Litigation – Real Estate
- Trudy H. Robertson – Commercial Litigation; Health Care Law; Litigation – Trusts and Estates
- William “Bill” D. Rust – Health Care Law
- H. Manning Unger – Commercial Transactions / UCC Law; Corporate Governance Law; Corporate Law; Land Use and Zoning Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law; Real Estate Law
- David B. Wheeler – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Stroud was named to the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America list for Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Corporate Law, Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Land Use and Zoning Law, and Real Estate Law. The Ones to Watch® list recognizes U.S. attorneys who have been in private practice for less than 10 years and exhibit outstanding professional excellence.
Now in its 30th year, The Best Lawyers in America® is one of the most highly regarded attorney referral publications in the United States. Best Lawyers evaluates attorneys through extensive surveys of leading lawyers who assess the legal abilities of their peers. Lawyers are not permitted to pay a fee to participate or be recognized. The 2024 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® is based on more than 13.7million votes from attorneys, while the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America is based on more than 2.4 million attorney votes.
About Moore & Van Allen
Moore & Van Allen PLLC (www.mvalaw.com), founded in 1945, has over 400 attorneys and professionals serving clients in over 90 areas of focus. The attorneys at Moore & Van Allen provide sophisticated legal services within nationally recognized Corporate, Financial Services, Litigation, Intellectual Property, Bankruptcy, and Commercial Real Estate law practices for international banks and financial services companies, domestic and global manufacturers, retailers, individuals, and healthcare and technology organizations. The firm has been ranked consecutively over the past 24 years on the prestigious “Am Law 200” list, and U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers have recognized Moore & Van Allen in their 2023 “Best Law Firms” rankings, both regionally and nationally.