Blood supply continues to be at critically low levels.
The Clinton branch of the Laurens County Library System will hold a blood drive on Thursday, March 24 from 10 am – 3 pm. Members of the community are encouraged to come by to donate. You must be 17 or older to donate (16 with parental permission).
Did you know?
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 units of blood.
- Blood and platelets cannot be manufactured; they can only come from volunteer donors.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- One donation can potentially save up to three lives.
- Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood and or platelets.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U. S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Less than 38 percent of the population is eligible to give blood or platelets.
One pint of blood can be the difference between life and death for someone. Come out and give if you can.