Telehealth visits provide convenience for members to access health care at home. This will also help slow the spread of COVID-19 by limiting exposure, mitigating the surge of demand on our health care system and helping protect our health professionals on the front lines.
BlueCross has expanded their telehealth policy effective March 17 for the next thirty days.
- Telephone visits: Services delivered over the phone by a BlueCross network provider will be covered.
- Telehealth services: Audio and video consults by a BlueCross network provider will be covered at the same benefit level as office visits.
- Members can also use BlueCross’ telehealth service, Blue CareOnDemandSM. BlueCross is temporarily waiving the visit cost when the code, COVID19, is used. For more information on how to enter the code, follow this link for details.
How to Access Blue CareOnDemand:
Download the app to your phone:
Make sure you have your insurance card on hand. You can find a copy of your insurance card in My Health Toolkit®.
In addition to expanding virtual access to health care providers, BlueCross is continuing to:
- Waive Prior Authorizations. BlueCross will waive prior authorizations for diagnostic tests and for covered services that are medically necessary and consistent with CDC guidance for members if diagnosed with COVID-19.
- 100% Coverage on Testing. BlueCross will cover medically necessary diagnostic tests that are consistent with CDC guidance related to COVID-19.*
- Increase Access to Medications. BlueCross will increase access to prescription medications by encouraging members to use their 90-day mail order benefit. We will also ensure formulary flexibility if there are shortages or access issues. Members will not be liable for additional charges that stem from obtaining a non-preferred medication if the preferred medication is not available due to shortage or access issues.
*The waiver for all cost sharing is solely for the COVID-19 test and not the associated physician office visit and other services. These services will still be subject to office copay, deductible and coinsurance.
Where to find more information:
For the latest information, visit www.bcbs.sc/covid-19.