Gallivan White Boyd announced that Carter Massingill has been elected a partner in the firm. Carter works in the firm’s Greenville, South Carolina office.
Carter is a business and construction litigation attorney who has been with GWB since January 2017. He regularly handles complex litigation involving construction, real estate, and development, including breach of contract and warranty claims, construction defect matters, product liability, payment issues and liens, restrictive covenants and catastrophic personal injury claims. Representative matters have involved:
• Multi-million-dollar class action construction defect cases.
• High-value delay and liquidated damages claims.
• Wrongful death matters arising from construction projects.
• Complex breach of warranty claims involving heavy equipment.
• Contentious disputes involving non-competition and non-solicitation clauses.
• Collection and enforcement of judgments against companies and individuals.
• Corporate breakups and buyout disputes.
Carter has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America for Litigation (Construction) and has been recognized in Greenville Business Magazine’s Legal Elite since 2020 (Business Litigation; Construction; Insurance).
About the Firm
Gallivan White Boyd handles a variety of complex litigation for local, regional and national clients. Many of our attorneys have been widely recognized for their experience, accomplishments and leadership. With offices in Charleston, Columbia and Greenville, South Carolina, and Charlotte, North Carolina, GWB is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year