COLUMBIA, SC – August 7, 2007 – Central Carolina Community Foundation is pleased to announce the following new members to our Board of Trustees:
· Peter M. Brown, Vice President, Colite International, Ltd
· Judith M. Davis, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina
· Henry B. Haitz III, President & Publisher, The State Newspaper
· Donna C. Northam, AVP, Corporate & External Communications, Colonial Supplemental Insurance
· Miriam A. Wilson, Resource Network Manager, SC Launch!
We would also like to announce our new officers:
· Chairman – David C. Sojourner Jr., Esq., Shareholder of Ellis, Lawhorne & Sims, PA
· Vice Chair – D. Michael Kelly, Esq., Owner of Mike Kelly Law Group, LLC
· Secretary/Treasurer – J. Hagood Tighe, Esq., Partner at Fisher & Phillips, LLP
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a nonprofit corporation maintaining a $92 million philanthropic endowment in more than 350 funds. The Community Foundation works to improve the quality of life in the Midlands with the support of charitable gifts and bequests from individuals, families, organizations and corporations committed to making a difference in our community. Since our establishment in 1984, the Foundation has invested more than $34 million through local grants and scholarships. For additional information about the Community Foundation, please visit our website at www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.