Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands’ leader in collaborative philanthropy, has awarded $40,038 in Capacity Building grants to ten local nonprofits.
The Community Foundation works to help build sustainability for nonprofit organizations in the Midlands. Capacity Building grants support this endeavor by providing funds to assist with organizational and financial stability, program quality and growth — allowing nonprofits to carry out their missions more effectively. Nonprofits applied for grants to assist with strategic plans, board development trainings, succession plans, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) trainings and other one-time capacity-building projects.
“Long-term planning is an important part of any successful organization, including nonprofits,” says JoAnn Turnquist, president and CEO of Central Carolina Community Foundation. “These grants will ensure organizations have the capacity needed to develop and execute strategic plans — boosting the likelihood of creating a sustainable organization.”
The following nonprofits, and their projects, are funded by the Community Foundation’s Capacity Building grants:
- Columbia Choral Society: Onward to our 100th Year: Developing the Strategic Plan
- Friends of the Lexington County Museum: Strategic Planning
- Homeless No More: Strategic Planning
- James M. Hinton Foundation: Strategic Planning
- Leeza’s Care Connection: Knowing Your Neighbors – and Yourself – Before Serving Them—DEI Training
- My Amigos Bilingual Education Center: Policy and Procedure Development
- Palmetto Cycling Coalition: Strategic Planning
- The Big Red Barn Retreat: Facing the Future: Succession Planning and Board Development
- The Free Medical Clinic: PPE & Cleaning Supplies (Allowed for this grant program in 2020 and 2021)
- The Therapy Place: Board Engagement
Projects funded by the Capacity Building grant program will begin in January 2022 and end June 2022.
For more information about Capacity Building grants, visit www.yourfoundation.org/grants, call 803-254-5601 or follow the Foundation on Twitter: @CCCFTweets.
About Central Carolina Community Foundation
Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands’ leader in collaborative philanthropy, is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands of SC by distributing grants and scholarships and linking the resources of donors, nonprofits and area leaders to communities in need. Major initiatives include the online giving challenge Midlands Gives, On the Table, Connected Communities grants, the One SC Fund, and annual scholarships. For more information about the Foundation, visit www.yourfoundation.org or call 803.254.5601.