COLUMBIA, SC – Central Carolina Community Foundation recently invested $60,088 in the Midlands through the distribution of eight impact grants to nonprofit organizations. These grants were awarded through a semi-annual, competitive grant process administered by the Foundation.
The following organizations received grants:
• Columbia Film Society received $5,000 to hold strategic planning for board and staff to create a three-year strategic plan.
• Columbia Oral Health Clinic received $6,876 to educate the Midlands’ Hispanic community about the impact of poor oral health on overall physical health.
• Community Medical Clinic of Kershaw County received $10,000 to establish a support team for people living with serious illness to cope with care giving, end of life and grief.
• Girl Scout Council of the Congaree Area, Inc. received $10,000 to enhance online volunteer training, create a performance evaluation tool for volunteers, and conduct focus groups with local volunteers to identify needs.
• Lee County Council on Aging received $4,589 to hold board development workshops to address resource development, mission and planning accountability, and strategic planning.
• Midlands Fatherhood Coalition received $10,000 to provide mediation services, structured activities, and transportation to and from these services to help non-custodial fathers support their children financially and emotionally.
• Newberry County Literacy Council received $3,723 to hold five community forums to discuss literacy needs in Newberry County, followed by a summit to create a set of literacy objectives to include in their strategic plan.
• The Nurturing Center received $9,900 to assist in the purchase of a new bus, allowing an additional route to their client transportation services.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a nonprofit organization serving 11 counties in the Midlands by helping charitable individuals and businesses meet the critical needs of our community. The Community Foundation has invested more than $34 million through grants and scholarships and maintains a $75 million endowment in over 350 funds to benefit nonprofit organizations in the Midlands.
For additional information about the Community Foundation, please visit our website at www.yourfoundation.org or call (803) 254-5601.