Charity Ball Board kicks off planning for 2023 Rose Ball, introduces new leadership and selects Bon Secours St. Frances Cancer Center as lead beneficiarySeptember 21, 2022
A year before the 2023 Rose Ball, the Charity Ball Board of Greenville has begun planning for the 52nd year of Greenville’s longest-running charitable event, which will take place on Friday, Sept. 22, 2023.
Occurring every other year, the Rose Ball raises funds to benefit Bon Secours St. Frances Health System, along with several other local charitable organizations selected through a grant application process. The funds raised for St. Francis will support its cancer center to incorporate all surgical subspecialties, expand the hematology and oncology practice, and add an apheresis processing center.
The 2023 Charity Ball Board will be led by Dan Adams, and the Rose Ball Committee will be chaired by Kimberly Cooley.
“We’re excited to get started with fundraising for the Bon Secours St. Francis Cancer Center and the other incredibly deserving charitable organizations in Greenville County,” said Dan Adams, president of the Charity Ball Board. “We have an outstanding group of volunteers committed to this cause, and I’m honored to be at the helm for what I know will be a life-changing campaign.”
Kimberly Cooley, Rose Ball chairman, has been involved in the Rose Ball for 18 years.
“I’m always amazed at the talent and dedication of those who get involved with the Rose Ball,” she said. “People know it as the most elegant ball of them all, and in 2023 the ball will absolutely live up to that description! What truly makes the Rose Ball special, though, is the charitable impact it has. It’s hard to come across someone whose life hasn’t been touched by cancer, so this project will be profoundly meaningful to the health of our community.”
Members of the Charity Ball Board include:
• Mr. Carey Daniel Adams (Dan), president
• Mr. William Andrew Murphy (Will), vice president
• Mrs. Charles Martin Alexander (Salli), secretary
• Mr. Brandon Michael Robinson (Brandon), treasurer
• Mrs. Don Wayne Cooley (Kimberly), Rose Ball chairman
• Mrs. Matthew Thomas Madden (Kate), Rose Ball vice chairman
• Mr. Christopher Daniel Hayes (Chris), benefactors committee chair
• Mrs. David Kay Seaver (Michelle), benefactors committee vice chair
• Ms. Courtney Celeste Atkinson (Courtney), beneficiaries committee chair
• Mrs. Bartley Williams Sides (Katy), beneficiaries committee vice chair
• Mr. Brian Alan Rogers (Brian), past president
• Mr. David Lee Beard (David), ex-officio member
• Mrs. Rodney Leon Grandy III (Linda), ex-officio member
Rose Ball Committee
• Mrs. Hector McLean (Kristen)
• Mrs. Bryan David Feldman (Rebecca)
• Mrs. Jeffery Craig Tice (Lisa)
• Mrs. David Alan Wilson (Wendy)
• Ms. Amy Eckberg Malcomb
• Mrs. James Berry Crain (Leigh)
• Mrs. William Vann Kastler, Jr. (Lesa)
• Mrs. Charles Andrew Mowlajko (Julia)
• Ms. Hollis Valaer McKissick (Holly)
• Mrs. Hunter Keehln Murhpy (Erin)
Lifetime Honorary Members
• Mr. Gordon Lee Cory (Lee)
• Mrs. Erving Arthur Dreskin (Jeanet)
• Ms. Joyce Batchelor Parks (Joyce)
Members At Large
• Mrs. Gerald Lee Barber (Tammy)
• Mr. Leroy Wilson Brasington III (Wil)
• Mr. Christopher Lynn Fincher (Chris)
• Mrs. John Thomas Latham (Gina)
• Mr. Erik Bryan Whaley (Eric)
To reserve tickets to the 2023 Rose Ball or to make a contribution, visit theroseball.org/reservations-contributions/.
About The Rose Ball
In 1971, the Charity Ball Board of Greenville was organized to sponsor a ball for a charitable community benefit. The Rose Ball was the first ball held in Greenville that would solicit public support to benefit charities in the community. The proceeds from the Rose Ball are distributed throughout the community with the St. Francis Health System receiving 50% of the funding. Over the past fifty years, the Rose Ball has raised more than $4,000,000 to benefit the physical, emotional, educational, environmental and cultural needs of the people of Greenville County.