The SCHSL AAA Qualifier was held in Newberry this past Saturday. All teams in AAA were ranked by average times throughout the season. The teams were broken into two heats, odd and even based on the rankings. The top 8 teams in each race qualified for the state meet set for next Friday. Any individual who finished in the top 20 qualified even if his/her team didn’t qualify.
The boys team ran well again, finishing 4th in their heat and qualifying for the State Championship!
- Charlie Cody (Junior) finished 9th with a time of 17:13
- William Reid (Sophomore) finished 15th with a time of 17:33
- Sam Gearheart (Sophomore) finished 26th with a time of 18:11
- Hayden Stinson (Junior) finished 29th with a time of 18:19.
- Keenan Dominick (Senior) finished 31st with a time of 18:25.
- Gage Dominick (Junior) finished 35th with a time of 18:36
- Connor Donley (Senior) finished 36th with a time of 18:40.
Next up is the AAA State Championship on Friday, November 11th @ 9:30 am at the Clemson Sandhill Research Center Cross Country Course in Columbia, South Carolina (900 Clemson Road, Columbia, SC).
Clinton High Girls Cross Country Team ran well but came up short by finishing 10th overall.
- Elizabeth Reid (Sophomore) qualified individually by placing 11th with a time of 20:53
- Marissa Brewer (Freshman) finished 60th with a time of 24:33
- Gemma Gearheart (8th) finished 71st and set a new personal record with a time of 25:17
- Kelly Nelson (7th) finished 73rd and set a new personal record with a time of 25:33
- Dani Trent (Sophomore) finished 78th with a time of 25:58
- Erin Donley (Sophomore) finished 81st with a time of 26:30
- Cassie Suarez (7th) finished 83rd with a time of 26:34
Reid will run in the State Meet next Friday, November 11.