In an effort to provide citizens with directions regarding re-opening, the City of Columbia’s Parks and Recreation Department has announced that they will re-open their parks and amenities in phases throughout the summer. The following outlines a phased plan to re-open parks and amenities for citizens to enjoy with restrictions.
Phase 3 is now being implemented today, June 8, 2020 which includes the opening of remaining park amenities. Following, Phase 4 will begin Monday, June 22, 2020, which will include the opening of recreation facilities, gyms, wellness, and the Clyburn Golf Center. These indoor spaces need to adhere to group size, capacity issues, and proper social distancing.
Listed guidelines expected from all citizens:
- Maintain Social Distancing of 6 feet. at all times
- Citizen visitation to park facilities will be limited based on our ability to maintain social distancing requirements
- Follow the Governor’s Executive Order regarding gatherings, “Congregation or gatherings of people in groups of three or more is prohibited”
- Park staff reserves the right to disband gatherings and/or solicit support from local law enforcement as needed
**Citizens who participate in these activities do so at their own risk due to the COVID-19 pandemic**
PHASE 3 Includes:
- All park amenities to open. This includes, but is not limited to, basketball courts, playgrounds, restrooms, water fountains, circulating spray pads, and shelters. Citizens must follow the Governor’s Executive Order regarding gatherings, “Congregation or gatherings of people in groups of three or more is prohibited” in order to participate in the above activities.
*Please see full City of Columbia Parks and Recreation Re-opening Plan here: