County Council Vice Chair Yvonne McBride, District 3, has been appointed to serve on several committees for the National Association of Counties (NACo), an organization that advocates for more than 3,000 local governments.
“It is an honor for me to represent Richland County and the State of South Carolina on these important national policy-making committees for county elected officials throughout the United States,” McBride said.
McBride, who has been affiliated with NACo since 2017, will serve on the following committees for 2021-22:
- Human Services and Education Steering Committee (Vice Chair of Education, Children and Families Subcommittee)
- Healthy Counties Advisory Board
- International Economic Development Task Force
- Membership Standing Committee
- Programs and Services Standing Committee
- Resilient Counties Advisory Board
In a letter congratulating McBride on her appointments, Larry Johnson, the association’s president, wrote: “My goal is to build a talented and committed leadership team for NACo. Our strength at NACo is in our members and their involvement. Emerging from the last year of challenges … we are ready to thrive.”