District 55 School Board Approves Recommendations for 2023-2024 New Certified Employees and Administrative PositionsMay 3, 2023
The School Board of Laurens County School District 55 (LCSD 55) held a Special Called Meeting on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, via phone conference, and approved recommendations for 2023-2024 new certified employees and administrative positions.
LCSD 55 welcomes Amanda Lecaroz as the new Director of Accountability, Federal Programs, and Professional Development. Lecaroz has over 23 years of experience in strategic planning, leadership and training development, program implementation and evaluation, and project management. She has 33 years of experience in education and held distinguished leadership positions, including Superintendent of Pelham School District in New Hampshire and Assistant Superintendent at School Administrative Unit 28 also in New Hampshire. She currently serves as the Principal of Greenville County Child Development Centers and as Adjunct Graduate Faculty at Gordon College in Massachusetts.
LCSD 55 congratulates current staff members in their new roles for 2023-2024.
- Jena Curry, the Academic Interventionist at Laurens Middle School, will serve as the Assistant Principal at Laurens Elementary School. Curry has 13 years of experience in education.
- Samantha Bond, the Instructional Coach at Gray Court-Owings (GCO) School, will serve as an Assistant Principal at GCO. Bond has 18 years of experience in education.
- Jeffrey Whitener, the Laurens District 55 High School (LDHS) Career and Technical Education Educator, will serve as the 10th-grade Assistant Principal. Whitener is currently serving as the 10th-grade Administrative Assistant.
- Jennifer Robinson, LDHS Assistant Principal overseeing Freshmen students, will serve as Assistant Principal at GCO, alongside Samantha Bond. Robinson has 16 years of experience in education.
- Jonathan Schwalbe, also an Assistant Principal at GCO, will replace Robinson as LDHS Assistant Principal. Schwalbe has 15 years of experience in education.
LCSD 55 looks forward to an even stronger academic year ahead.
LCSD 55 Superintendent Dr. Thomas said, “We are thrilled to welcome new hires to our district as we strive to continually improve and expand our educational opportunities. Our new hires are highly qualified and passionate educators who will help ensure our students receive a well-rounded and comprehensive education. We appreciate their willingness to join our school community or their ability to lead in another capacity. We look forward to the contributions they will make to our students’ success.”