Charleston County School District’s Student Transfer Program is now open. Parents living in Charleston County, wishing to transfer their children from their neighborhood school to a nonmagnet/charter school, are invited to participate and can request transfers for their student(s) online at ccsdschools.com/studenttransfer.
Student transfer applications will be accepted from now until 11:59 p.m. March 31, 2021. If parents have difficulty completing the online application, would like to request a paper application, or have questions, please contact the following district staff members:
- Constituent Districts 1 and 2: Stephanie Skinner (843) 937-6378 (Awendaw, McClellanville, Isle of Palms, Mount Pleasant, Sullivan’s Island)
- Constituent Districts 3 and 23: Donna Mungin (843) 937-6401 (Folly Beach, James Island, Edisto Island, Hollywood, Meggett, Ravenel)
- Constituent District 4: Shanikqua Johnson-Smith (843) 566-1975 (North Charleston)
- Constituent Districts 9 and 10: Toshiba Champaigne (843) 937-6425 (Johns Island, Wadmalaw Island, West Ashley)
- Constituent District 20: Lauren Gandy (843) 937-6303 (Downtown Charleston)
About the Charleston County School District
Charleston County School District (CCSD) is a nationally-accredited school district that is committed to providing equitable and quality educational opportunities for all of its students. CCSD is the second-largest school system in South Carolina and represents a unique blend of urban, suburban, and rural schools spanning 1,300 square miles along the coast. CCSD serves more than 50,000 students in 87 schools and specialized programs.
CCSD offers a diverse, expanding portfolio of options and specialized programs, delivered through neighborhood, magnet, IB (international baccalaureate), Montessori, and charter schools. Options include programs in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM); music and other creative and performing arts; career and technical preparation programs; and military.