Public Relations, MarComm Skills Amp Sponsorship Firm’s Fire Power
FishBait Solutions LLC, a multi-tiered sponsorship creation and activation company focused on lifestyle activities including athletics, entertainment and experiential events, has added Touchpoint Communications, an award-winning marketing communications firm based in Charleston, SC.
This merger will allow FishBait and its clients to tap into a team with proven skills at maximizing earned, owned and socialized media. Meanwhile, FishBait provides the 16-year-old PR firm more bench strength and collaborative power.
“We’ve worked with Colleen and her team for years, and we’d stack them up against any other PR strategists and executors out there. As we leap into 2021, we see so many opportunities for growth. We’re excited to add Touchpoint and their team to our tackle box,” said Rob Temple, FishBait Solutions’ CEO.
Touchpoint founder Colleen Troy becomes Vice President of Communications for FishBait, and general manager of its food and tourism verticals, which include World Food Championships, the Championship Chili Cookoff, and will continue to serve the company’s own clients, with day-to-day support led by Account Director Cristy Armstrong.
“Finding a perfect fit for our diverse experience in event development, culinary festivals, tourism and economic development was a pretty tall order,” said Troy. “We’re thrilled to join forces with the FishBait team, where we can tap into exciting new opportunities and help grow organizations, campaigns and communities.”
About FishBait Solutions, LLC.
Founded by Rick Jones in 2003, FishBait Solutions operates with three divisions:
• FishBait Marketing represents various lifestyle, event and media property clients, including ESPN Events, the Country Music Association, Opry Entertainment Group, BMI, the World Food Championships, various Outdoor Channel personalities and television shows, and the American Battlefield Trust’s Liberty Trail and other initiatives.
• FishBait Consulting works with various properties and corporate sponsors, including current clients Anheuser Busch, Capital One, Dollar General, TicketSmarter and Werner Ladder.
• FishBait Ventures develops assets with third parties. Currently FishBait is an equity partner with EngageMint and has stakes in several small start-ups.
FishBait sells and activates in five unique verticals:
• American Heritage will develop sponsorship programming up to and through the U.S. celebration of its 250th anniversary in 2026.
• Collegiate Sports working with ESPN Events and other collegiate properties and corporate sponsors.
• Country Music working with some of Nashville’s biggest events.
• Food Festivals anchored by the World Food Championships.
• Outdoor Sports with programs and personalities on the Outdoor Channel.
About Touchpoint Communications
Founded in 2005, the woman-owned firm has a reputation for applying a shared work ethic and devotion to service to all its endeavors. With numerous national and regional awards to their credit, Touchpoint has represented ArtFields, Charleston Fashion Week, South Carolina Parks, Recreation and Tourism, Charleston Beer Fest, the Charleston Wine & Food Festival, and many others. Current clients include the Beaufort Port Royal CVB, Camden and Kershaw County, New Leaf Builders and others.