Freshfields Village, located at the crossroads of Kiawah and Seabrook islands, will offer various events to celebrate the spring season throughout May for locals and visitors alike.
“We’re excited to welcome events back to Freshfields Village for those across the Lowcountry to enjoy this month,” said Trish Pruitt, Freshfields Village marketing director. “The return of the PGA Championship to Kiawah Island offers a great opportunity to jump-start our event season. We continue to work hard to keep everyone safe, and ask guests to follow safety protocols, wear masks, and adhere to local guidelines.”
Starting on Sunday, May 1, Freshfields Village launched its first month-long Swing into Savings Scavenger Hunt. Visit the Village and search for golf-themed decals hidden throughout storefront windows to discover savings and specials. More details on how to participate in the scavenger hunt are available on the website.
On Saturday, May 15, arrive in your favorite ride or stop by the Village Green from 9 to 11 a.m. to browse unique, antique and other cool cars at our monthly Cars & Coffee. Coffee and breakfast are available for purchase at Java Java.
Freshfields Village is celebrating the 2021 PGA Championship at Kiawah Island with various events during Championship Week from Monday, May 17 to Sunday, May 23. Championship Week is presented by First National Bank, now open at Freshfields Village.
PGA Week activities include:
Monday through Sunday, May 17 to 23:
– Village Green Biergarten: Taking place all week long, Freshfields will feature an open-air tent with seating available for guests to enjoy takeaway food from restaurants. Beer and wine service by FortyEight – Wine Bar & Kitchen will be available on Monday & Tuesday (5 to 8 p.m.) and Wednesday through Sunday (12 to 9 p.m.). TV’s will be available to catch the latest action from the course!
– Street Party Dining: Freshfields Drive between SeaCoast Sports & Outfitters and King Street Grille will be blocked all week for outdoor tented seating and bar areas for King Street Grille, Cantina 76 and Fuji Sushi Bar & Grill.
Evening Entertainment: After a day on the course, kick back and relax with complimentary entertainment each evening including:
– Monday, 5 to 8 pm – Dave Landeo on the Village Green
– Tuesday, 5 to 8 pm – Travis Allison on the Village Green
– Wednesday, 6 to 9 pm – Shag Night on the Dock
– Thursday 6 to 9 pm – Dave & The Sol Beats at the Dock
– Friday 6 to 9 pm – Island Duo at the Dock
– Saturday 6 to 9 pm – The Sneakers at the Dock
– Wednesday, May 19: Doin’ the Charleston and the Village are hosting a Shag Night on the Lakeside Dock for those attending to learn the official dance of South Carolina.
For more information about events at Freshfields Village, please visit www.freshfieldsvillage.com/events/.