Gallivan White Boyd (GWB) announced that 19 attorneys from the firm’s Greenville and Columbia offices have been selected for inclusion in the 2021 edition of South Carolina Super Lawyers®.
Most notably, Super Lawyers recognized GWB Partner John T. Lay as one of the Top 25 Lawyers in South Carolina for business litigation.
Super Lawyers, published by Thomson Reuters, lists the top 5% of the attorneys in the state who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers utilizes a multiphased selection process that includes peer nominations, independent third-party research, and peer reviews by other attorneys in their primary practice area.
The 14 GWB attorneys listed as Super Lawyers include:
• Alfred Johnston Cox – Business Litigation
• Gray T. Culbreath – Class Action
• John E. Cuttino – Civil Litigation: Defense
• Amy L.B. Hill – Business Litigation
• John T. Lay – Business Litigation
• Curtis L. Ott – Personal Injury – Products: Defense
• W. Howard Boyd, Jr. – Business Litigation
• H. Mills Gallivan – Alternative Dispute Resolutions
• Jennifer E. Johnsen – Insurance Coverage
• Christopher M. Kelly – Transportation (Charlotte office)
• T. David Rheney – Personal Injury General: Defense
• Zachary L. Weaver – Business Litigation
• Daniel B. White – Personal Injury – Products: Defense
• Ronald K. Wray, II – Transportation / Maritime
Outstanding attorneys who have been in practice for 10 years or less or attorneys who are 40 years old or younger have been recognized as Rising Stars by Super Lawyers®. No more than 2.5% of the attorneys in South Carolina are selected as Rising Stars each year. The five GWB attorneys listed as Rising Stars include:
• Lindsay A. Joyner – Business Litigation
• Amity Edmonds – Workers’ Compensation
• Nick Farr – Insurance Coverage
• Batten Farrar – Construction Litigation
• William T. Young, III – Civil Litigation: Defense
“Gallivan White Boyd is fortunate to have a talented group of attorneys who continue to excel in leadership and professional legal services. Congratulations to this year’s Rising Stars and Super Lawyers for receiving this great honor.” -C. William McGee, CEO and Partner
About the Firm
Gallivan White Boyd, founded more than 70 years ago in Greenville, South Carolina, has offices in Charleston, Columbia and Greenville, South Carolina, and Charlotte, North Carolina. Our attorneys handle a variety of complex litigation for local and national clients. Many of Gallivan White Boyd’s attorneys have been recognized for their experience, accomplishments and leadership.
For more information, visit www.gwblawfirm.com.