And just like that we are nearing the end of another work week and the coming weekend will be packed with things to do. It will be busier than usual with the July 4th festivities this weekend. Here’s a rundown of what’s going on in Laurens County.
Friday, July 2nd:
- Friday is Friday Night Live with The Warcy Band! If the weather cooperates, there’s sure to be crowd on the square in Laurens for the weekly block party sponsored by Palmetto Brothers, Main Street Laurens and The City of Laurens.
- Mountville’s 136th Annual Parade and BBQ sale – the parade is one of the best to experience and must if you’ve never been. The Mountville volunteer fire department will be selling hot dog plates at 5 pm and the parade will start at 7 pm.
- Music and Fireworks on the lake – Connect Lake Greenwood is presenting “lights on the lake.” The event will include the Jake Bartley Band at Camp Fellowship at 7 pm. And fireworks will start at 9:30 pm. Any changes due to weather will be posted on the Connect Lake Greenwood Facebook page. The gates open for land attendance at 5 pm and parking is $5 per car. Vendors will also be on site.
- Cool off inside with popcorn and a movie (see above for link to Capitol Theatre current movie. Click here to see what is showing.
Saturday, July 3rd:
- Laurens Farmers Market – (8 am – 12 noon) The amount of Vendors has increased in the past few weeks. They will be set up on the Roma side of the Square so grab a coffee from the CoffeeRoost and shop all the great deals at the farmers market.
- Shop local including some great stores in Laurens and Clinton and be sure to stop by the Antique Pop-Up Shopin Clinton for some great deals and the Vestibule for a great cup of coffee or a refreshing cool drink.
- The City of Laurens recently announced their new show “Laurens Lights the Night” projection light show. Laurens’ new light show will be projected onto the iconic building which has become synonymous with Laurens County itself, the Historic Courthouse located in the center of the Laurens Public Square. The public is invited to gather on the north side of the Public Square to view the show and the live music performance by “Steel Toe Stiletto,” an Upstate favorite. The performance will begin at 7:00 p.m. In addition to the music performance and light show, the event will feature a salute to the US Armed Forces, recognition of a local veterans, and a DJ who will entertain the crowd and anyone who wants to stick around and dance after the show. The new light show itself is set to begin at approximately 9:30 p.m.
- Palmetto Brothers Dispensary with have Live Music with James Michael! inside The Dispensary beginning at 7 pm on Saturday night. Wristbands and beer tickets will be required all weekend long and will be available for purchase at the Main Street Laurens tent and at The Dispensary!
- Take a break from the music and lights and stop in at the Coffee Roost where they will be offering an exclusive, Peggy’s Macha milk tea with bubbles. This delicately spiced blend is based on recipes from Japan and Taiwan. The east Asian, specially ground and processed green tea leaves produce more caffeine and Oomph coming as they do from the shade of far-off lands. High quality Matcha is used in ceremonies, and I wanted to make something with a Zen all its own.
Sunday, July 4th:
- The town of Gray Court will present their fireworks display on Sunday beginning at dusk in the Gray Court Community Park on Highway 101 South.
Monday, July 5th:
- In case you missed the Mountville parade on Friday you’ve got one more chance to experience small town America at its finest. The College View community in Clinton will hold their 21st Annual Hickory Street Independence Day Parade on Monday morning. The parade starts at 11 am. so head that way and enjoy!
And we’re sure there is more. If you know of upcoming events in Laurens County, share them with the BUZZ by email at [email protected] and we will include them in this feature!