By Jerry Bellune
Knowing your Ideal Customer is critical to attracting and retaining them.
Our friend Bill Edmonds advises you to narrow your research to better understanding of your Ideal Customers:
• Demographics. This describes their age, education, income, work, where they live and who’s in their household.
• Psychographics. Their lifestyle, buying habits, needs and wants. Do they like traveling? What entertainment do they enjoy?
Their personal values? How they prefer to shop and in person or online?
With what you already know, you might use surveys and focus groups to identify:
• Their generation. Your Ideal Customers’ generation is more useful than a specific age. Gen X, Gen Y, Boomers, etc.
• Stage in life. Entering college? Becoming parents or grandparents? Buying a house – up-sizing or down-sizing?
• Interests. What activities do they enjoy? If they watch TV, which programs do they prefer? What books, magazines and newspapers do they read?
It helps to create an Ideal Customer persona that portrays their who and why. You can picture them considering your offers and making buying decisions. Call them Carl and Cathy Customer.
We share such ideas in “Maverick Entrepreneurs’ Million Dollar Strategies.”
For a $20 personally autographed copy, contact us at 803-359-7633.
Next: Retain Ideal Customers for life
Copyright 2021, The Bellune Co., Inc.