Is the weekend here yet? Friday can’t get here soon enough.
There’s plenty to do in Laurens County including outdoor excursions, shopping, and dining.
Here is the lineup for this weekend.
Thursday, July 15th:
Thursday is here and Palmetto Brothers is presenting Live Music with Justin Corley inside the dispensary from 7 pm – 9 pm.
Friday, July 16th:
- The Coffee Roost will host their first music event featuring Gene Holdway with an acoustic set that is a mix of bluegrass country and folk. Stop by for your favorite cup of coffee or specialty drink and enjoy the music from 7-9 pm.
- Finally Friday – Palmetto Brothers Dispensary, Main Street Laurens and The City of Laurens have partnered to bring a weekly outdoor concert series to the Public Square! This week They bring you the soul and blues sounds of REMEDY 58. From the upstate South Carolina, REMEDY 58 brings their unique take on blues infused soul to stages across the state and beyond. Not only do they have some strong, catchy original songs, they play from a long list of crowd-pleasing covers as well. REMEDY 58 is good for what ails you!
- Dining at local restaurants in Laurens, Clinton, Cross Hill and more!
- Cool off inside with popcorn and a movie (see above for link to Capitol Theatre current movie. Click here to see what is showing.
Saturday, July 17th:
- Kids Day at the Market – Once a month the Fountain Inn Farmers Market has something fun for kids. There will be free activities for the kids to enjoy while you shop some great local deals. The market is located at 110 Depot Street and open from 8 am to noon.
- Laurens Farmers Market – (8 am – 12 noon) Each week the farmers market gets better and better. They will be set up on the Roma side of the Square so grab a coffee from the Coffee Roost and shop all the great deals at the farmers market.
- Shop local including some great stores in Laurens and Clinton and be sure to stop by the Antique Pop-Up Shop in Clinton for some great deals and the Vestibule for a great cup of coffee or a refreshing cool drink.
- If the weather permits, get outside and check out the hiking trails, canoeing areas and bike routes right here in Laurens County
- Try something new for dinner. Come out to The Dispensary to enjoy tasty fare from Mac Attack Food Truck from 6-9 pm.
- Live Music with Jackson Kemp. Every Saturday night, Palmetto Brothers has live music inside the Dispensary from 7pm – 9pm. This week on stage will be Jackson Kemp, front man for Jukebox Mojo. Jukebox Mojo (fronted by Jackson Kemp) is a blues/rock power-trio (Columbia, SC) inspired by musical greats such as the John Mayer Trio, SRV, and the Jimi Hendrix Experience. While paying homage to the pioneers of blues, BB and Albert King, Jukebox Mojo mixes the old with the new while vocally echoing the raw power of artists such as Gavin DeGraw and Rob Thomas.
What did we miss?
If you know of upcoming events in Laurens County, share them with the BUZZ by email at [email protected] and we will include them in this feature!