University of South Carolina Upstate
Academic Advisors are responsible for advising declared, undeclared and prospective students, promoting good advisement practices. Academic advisors assess students’ needs, goals, interests and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. This position will serve pre-Nursing majors at USC Upstate and is responsible for coordinating comprehensive programs and initiate support, professionalism, protocol training and career development.
- Maintains an advising load and works directly with students to accomplish educational goals. Key aspects include maintenance of the integrity of academic policies, while being a student advocate and fostering a culture of student responsibility and success, providing students with information about possible consequences of academic decisions, and creating plans of study. Must maintain current knowledge of all the degree programs. Able to evaluate transcripts for equivalency.
- Maintains accurate data for reports and informed decision-making. Keeps advising statistics, work schedule, and other reporting documents up-to-date. (e.g.: Banner, Degree Works, Starfish and SharePoint).
- Teaches UNIV courses as assigned.
- Nursing prefers – Assists and or leads recruitment efforts such as Fab Friday, Open Houses, OAR and Transfer orientations.
- Assist with implementation of the Early Intervention Program and manage student follow-up visits. Ensure timely communications with students of unsatisfactory reports.
- Assists with targeted student success efforts for various cohorts of USC Upstate students. Participates in Student Success Center initiatives and special events as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Masters degree in Student Services with a minimum of 1 year experience in higher education, academic advising, academic support services, and/or first-year programming. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree with 3 years experience exceptional leadership skills and excellent computer skills, written, and oral communication skills.
Salary: $36,047 – $39,501; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For full job description and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/111104
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.