Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs will provide support and administrative expertise for Academic Affairs. Functions include reception and support for the Office of Academic Affairs, administrative tasks for smaller units under the Academic Affairs umbrella, and short-term (ad hoc) assistance with special projects and events.
- Provide administrative support for the various centers and center directors reporting to Academic Affairs and University College (the Center for Women’s and Gender Studies, the Center for African American Studies, El Centro Latino, the University Center – Greenville, the Center for International Studies, Honors Program, etc.) and other administrative faculty and staff who report to the Provost and Dean of the University College (Director of Graduate Studies, Director of Process Improvement) by performing tasks including purchasing, hiring, and student/advisement services.
- Finance and Purchasing – hold a university purchasing card and utilize in accordance with all university and state policies and regulations; execute purchase of supplies; receipting and deposits; execute reimbursements, travel, and other payments as requested for faculty, staff, and students; track budgets, and provide reports to directors as requested; attend trainings and maintain expertise in university policies and procedures in regards to finance and purchasing.
- Programming and Special Events – assist directors with administrative tasks associated with events: space reservations, advertising and public relations, RSVP tracking, scheduling and itineraries, etc.
- Student Services- distribute information and announcements about the centers to students as requested; refer students to appropriate university resources; assist with program and curriculum updates as needed.
- Human Resources – perform hiring and other HR tasks for faculty, staff, and students associated with the centers; attend trainings and maintain expertise in university policies and procedures in regards to Human Resources.
- Office Management – liaise with Information Technology and Facilities Management when needed to support center activities.
- Provide reception and support for the Office of Academic Affairs to include general filing and record keeping, phone and email support.
- Assist the Executive Assistant to the Provost and the Institutional Events Department with Academic Affairs events and functions as needed.
- Other duties as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree and 2 years of administrative experience or equivalent. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Spanish language proficiency preferred.
Salary: $37,735 – $38,000
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/148230
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities