University of South Carolina Upstate
The primary purpose of this position is to recruit students, assist with reviewing and processing admissions applications, provide campus tours/student interviews and participate in special events for student recruitment.
• Travel to assigned territories for freshman recruitment to establish new and foster existing relationships with guidance counselors and career development facilitators to grow enrollment. Target identified students in specific majors to drive toward enrollment goals.
• Interview and assist students and their families through all aspects of the admissions process as well as provide them counseling to guide them through the enrollment process at Upstate.
• Develop and maintain relationships with prospective students and their families, providing exceptional customer service and communication by initiating and answering phone calls, correspondence, and inquiries in a timely manner. Use email, text messages and social media strategies to communicate with prospects.
• Enter data in the student recruitment data system to allow for follow up and recruitment efforts. Use data in system to target students for communication plans.
• Assist with recruitment events and campus tours for students who visit the USC Upstate campus to recruit them as new students. Provide campus information sessions prior to campus tours. Participate in freshman student orientation events to provide service to students.
• Participate in various speaking engagements, college information sessions, workshops and conferences. Act as a resource to college counselors and provide expertise on the admissions process in public forums.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Prefer knowledge of USC Upstate campus and programs.
Salary: $28,215 – $32,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/119904
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.