Advising Specialist and Administrative Support
University of South Carolina Upstate
Advising Specialist and Administrative Support is responsible for advising prospective and enrolled graduate nursing students, promoting good advisement practices, and assisting with academic support. Academic advisors assess students’ needs, goals, interests, and prior academic experiences in order to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. This position will serve students enrolled in the masters and doctoral programs in the Mary Black College of Nursing. Will perform a variety of duties in administrative support to assist program director(s) and faculty. Advising Specialist and Administrative Support will apply policies, balance priorities, and work with limited supervision.
• Recruit for the graduate nursing program by contacting leads or prospective graduate students derived from lists, referrals, and advertisements by phone and/or email. Guides potential graduate nursing students to enrollment and provides support during the application process such as program requirements, admission criteria, and acceptance notification.
• Oversee academic advising and registration for graduate nursing majors enrolled in nursing masters and doctoral programs. Guide students through course planning and registration processes. Refer students to campus resources needed to meet individual needs.
• Navigate students through the major transitions of college enrollment. Maintains an advising load and work directly with students to accomplish educational goals. Key aspects include maintenance of the integrity of academic policies, while being a student advocate and fostering a culture of student responsibility and success, providing students with information about possible consequences of academic decisions, and creating plans of study. Must maintain current knowledge of degree programs.
• Maintains accurate data for reports and informed decision-making. Keeps advising statistics, work schedule, and other reporting documents up-to-date. Monitor and respond to students using advising software (Starfish). Maintains all electronic advisement records.
• Greet all persons that enter the office or make contact by phone/email; answer routine questions about registration, advisement, and other related matters; assist the program director(s) with the daily and ongoing operational tasks of the division, day-to-day projects and managing office supply inventory in collaboration with the dean’s office.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience working with students to improve academic performance or other relevant higher education experience. A successful background check is required.
Experience working with student information systems Starfish, Navigate, and/or Banner is preferred.
$41,258 – $44,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/154689
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities