Advising Specialist and Administrative Support
University of South Carolina Upstate
Advising Specialist and Administrative Support is responsible for advising declared, undeclared, and prospective students, promoting good advisement practices, and assisting with academic support. Academic advisors assess students’ needs, goals, interests, and prior academic experiences to guide students in the design and implementation of a successful academic plan. This position will serve the HPPA majors at USC Upstate. Additionally, will perform a variety of duties in the administrative support to the department chair and faculty. Advising Specialist and Administrative Support will apply policies, balance priorities, work with limited supervision in carrying out internal work procedures, maintain confidentiality, and interact in a positive manner with students, faculty, staff, parents, and the public.
• Oversee academic advising and registration for assigned majors. Educate students about course planning and registration processes. Refer students to campus resources to meet individual needs.
• Navigate students through the major transitions of college enrollment. Maintains an advising load and works directly with students to accomplish educational goals. Key aspects include maintaining the integrity of academic policies while being a student advocate and fostering a culture of student responsibility and success, providing students with information about possible consequences of academic decisions, and creating plans of study. Must maintain current knowledge of degree programs.
• Maintains accurate data for reports and informed decision-making. Keeps advising statistics, work schedule, and other reporting documents up-to-date. Monitor and respond to students using advising software (Starfish).
• Maintain all electronic advisement records, including advisor name, needed for the division; distribute advising lists and other advising materials to faculty and other advisors; assist with obtaining information on students; maintain accurate data for reports and informed decision-making.
• Greet all persons that enter the office or make contact by phone/email; answer routine questions about registration, advisement, and other related matters; assist the division chair with the daily and ongoing operational tasks of the division, including liaising with Information Technology, Facilities, Records and Registration, etc.; complete hiring and other HR tasks for full and part-time faculty and staff.
• Hold a university purchasing card and utilize it in accordance with all university and state policies and regulations; execute non-purchasing card actions such as reimbursements (personal and travel) for faculty, staff, and students in the division; manage inventory of office supplies and equipment; attend trainings and maintain expertise in university policies and procedures in regards to finance and purchasing.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years’ experience working with students to improve academic performance or other relevant higher education experience. A successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience working with student information systems Starfish, Navigate, and/or Banner is preferred.
Salary: $41,258 – $44,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/158626
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities