Quackenbush Architects + Planners is now hiring.
Quackenbush Architects + Planners is an award winning design firm specializing in creative and thoughtful design solutions for the built environment throughout the state of South Carolina. We are seeking a talented and highly motivated professional architect for a full-time position at our office located in the vibrant and emerging downtown city center of Columbia.
Ideal candidates are energetic, responsible, enthusiastic, and committed to their duties and to the collective well-being of the firm. We are a small creative office that shares tasks and responsibilities accordingly. Architecture and design are our passion, but business and marketing skills are a bonus for candidates.
Credentials and Skills:
· Hold an accredited degree in Architecture.
· Registered Architect or actively seeking registration.
· Problem solving abilities that lead to innovative solutions.
· Excellent presentation, organization, communication, and prioritization skills.
· Ability to organize and complete various tasks on multiple projects.
· Proficiency with Revit is required.
· Health & Wellness benefits/FSA and HSA
· 401(K) Retirement Plan with company match
· Paid Time Off and Holidays
· Flex Time and Compressed Scheduling
· Professional Development and Membership Dues for Professional Organizations
Q+ offers a well-balanced, holistic approach to work and life. We enjoy the benefit of a small, tight-knit firm structure that allows individuals to have a voice and opportunities to cultivate successful careers and connections with peers. Our office focuses on a high standard of detail and the ongoing collaboration between colleagues, clients, and our peers throughout the duration of a project. We believe in a horizontal learning environment and encourage sketching, charrettes, presentations, and collaboration. Our culture recognizes each team member’s design aesthetic, and we work together to realize our project goals and initiatives. Individual learning and professional development are strongly supported – special interest conferences, activities and board positions are encouraged and respected within our firm.
Must possess a valid driver’s license, and due to the nature of this work, U.S citizenship is required.
Applicants may submit a digital cover letter, resume, and work sample pages to [email protected], or mail to 1217 Hampton Street, Columbia, SC 29201, attention: Doug Quackenbush. We will review applicants and contact individuals of interest for an interview.