Assistant Director of Disability Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Assistant Director of Disability Services is responsible for providing front line professional assistance to the Office of Disability Services to include: conducting initial and returning student interviews, establishing/facilitating accommodations for students, managing student files and records, coordinating Alternative Testing programs, and consultations with students, faculty, and staff. Assistant Director will also be responsible for management and delivery of academic coaching for students with disabilities.
• Provides front line professional assistance to the office of Disability Services to include conducting initial interviews and returning students appointments and establishing/facilitating accommodations under the supervision of the Director of Disability Services.
• Coordinates and provides direct services for students with disabilities, to include: coordinating any assistance technologies with third party vendors or staff, facilitating test accommodations (including test acquisition, proctoring, return and security), managing student files and records, reviewing documentation, preparing correspondence for students.
• Manages Academic Coaching program for students.
• Assists Director with managing data of all services and helps to interpret that data in order to assess the department.
• Responsible, together with Director, to serve as a consultant to faculty, staff and students on ADA issues.
• Assists Director in development and revision of student policies and procedures for the office. Assists in the development and revision of printed and online information disseminated from the office.
• Manages student files, ensures accommodations listed in software are appropriate and adds as needed, maintains students databases.
• Performs other duties as required.
Master’s degree in special education, counseling, psychology, social work, or related field and four years of related experience in an educational field. Successful background check is required.
Prefer work experience in a college setting.
Salary: $41,729 – $58,425; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/107239
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.