Associate Athletic Director for Development
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under limited supervision, reporting to the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement (VCUA), the Associate Athletic Director for Development will be responsible for the coordination and management of a comprehensive and ongoing development program through major gifts fundraising for intercollegiate athletics. Responsibilities include active engagement internally by working with university colleagues in cultivating corporate and foundation prospective donors, individuals, and alumni. Partners with colleagues to identify, cultivate and complete proposals / solicitations from prospective prospects. Proactively provides follow-up and stewardship on completed gifts.
• Serves as Prospect Manager for prospective donors with capacity of $25,000 or more with emphasis on current and future major gifts. Responsible for identifying, cultivating, and soliciting a gift portfolio that benefits the program priorities for intercollegiate athletics. Uses Blackbaud RE-NXT to coordinate and document all prospect and donor relationships as well as any relevant assignment, cultivation, or solicitation information or pending opportunities.
• Meets process performance goals set and established by the VCUA that include individual and team goals. These goals include a set number of personal visits, with a focus on prospect identification and qualification as well as solicitations, with a focus on gift closures selected at the beginning of the fiscal year. Stewardship visits are strongly encouraged.
• Solicits prospective donors, including individuals, foundations, and corporations in coordination with the VCUA and AD for intercollegiate athletics. Number of solicitations are set and established by the VCUA and documented within an Opportunity in Blackbaud RE-NXT. Adheres to Prospect Development policies and procedures.
• Actively works with athletic administrators, coaches, alumni, and key volunteers in fundraising efforts for intercollegiate athletics. Partners closely with these campus partners on fundraising strategy related to annual appeals, fundraising events (golf tournament / annual auction) and donor stewardship, as well as other colleagues in University Advancement.
• Serves as a member of the overall advancement team by collaborating with colleagues across disciplines on donor strategies. Develops an annual plan of work, including specific fundraising and stewardship strategies, prospect research and development. Prepares reports and other required information as requested.
• Accepts and implements other specific assignments as directed.
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years proven experience major gift/development, donor relations, sales or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been acquired may be substituted. Required to travel by the geographic location of donors/prospects; work evenings and weekends. Must have a valid driver’s license. A successful background check is required.
Familiarity with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT donor database preferred. Graduate degree preferred. Corporate and foundations/major gifts solicitation experience is preferred.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/135341
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.