Associate Director for Student Organizations and Fraternity/Sorority Life (FSL)
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Associate Director of Student Involvement for Student Organizations & Fraternity/Sorority Life (FSL) serves as the primary administrator for supporting registered student organizations and advisor to USC Upstate’s fraternity and sorority community. The university is home to over 75 registered student organizations, including 14 fraternities and sororities. The Associate Director interprets and enforces University policies and procedures, in addition to inter/national headquarter policies. This position is responsible for programming and educational initiatives, marketing, events, and organization training & development.
- Manages processes for over 75 registered student organizations to include recruitment of new organizations, annual registration process, policy writing and enforcement, maintaining current officer and advisor contact list, and annual funding. Supports SGA with the Special Projects Funding process
- Provides guidance to FSL chapters and council(s) in the areas of risk management, membership recruitment and education, academic reports, event planning, and University policies. Manages the FSL expansion/extension processes.
- Oversees the development and marketing of educational initiatives, programs, and training for student organizations. Attends appropriate organization functions and campus events.
- Establishes, disseminates, and interprets Code of Student Behavior and University policies and procedures as they pertain to registered student organizations. Manages State compliance reporting. Provides emergency response/crisis intervention to the FSL community as needed.
- Participates in on-going strategic planning process and develops long-term goals and annual objectives related to student organizations and FSL. Identify mechanisms to regularly assess needs, satisfaction and learning outcomes of members. Oversees Standards of Fraternal Excellence (SOFE) program.
- Maintains communication with organization advisors and inter/national headquarters. Provides training for advisors, as needed.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned. Supports additional Student Involvement and Student Affairs events, as directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Services or related field and 3 years related experience, or bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience. Requires a valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check.
Work hours for this position are 8:30am-5:00pm, Monday – Friday, in addition to occasional travel with student groups, and late evenings and weekend hours are required when programs dictate.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services or related field preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience in the following area is desirable: student organizational advisement, fraternity/sorority chapter advisement, program planning, supervision, budgeting, human relations skills, organizational skills and communication skills.
Salary: $39,742 – $48,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/122321
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.