Associate Director of Student Involvement for Intercultural Education and Engagement (IEE)
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Associate Director of Student Involvement for Intercultural Education and Engagement (IEE) provides advocacy and support for historically underrepresented and marginalized student populations and is responsible for the development of co-curricular engagement opportunities that assist in their retention and matriculation. Additionally, this position is tasked with creating programs, events, and workshops that increase the University community’s understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Coordinates large and small scale events, including history/heritage month-long programming. Leads various campus committees/teams and collaborates with student organizations, academic centers, and community partners to produce co-curricular engagement opportunities, including workshops, performances, and other experiences that raise awareness, celebrate, and support diversity and inclusion.
- Develops strong advisory relationships with identity-affirming student organizations including support of faith, spirituality, and belief-based registered student organizations. Supports Faith Council and IEE /Advisory Board.
- Coordinates and facilitates Safe Zone and other inclusion and equity-based training for students, faculty, and staff in collaboration with the Special Assistant to the Chancellor for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and Training and Developments office.
- Develops student leaning outcomes and participates in ongoing assessment and evaluation of programs and initiatives.
- Contributes to student retention initiatives through development, facilitation, and oversight of a mentorship program for under-represented students.
- Manages the IEE program budget including allocation of funding for student organization sponsored intercultural programs.
- Designs and manages IEE digital, print and promotional materials.
- Other duties as assigned including support of office and divisional events.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Services or related field and 3 years related experience, or bachelor’s degree and 5 years related experience. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Personnel Services or related field preferred. Experience with coordinating or implementing cultural events and training on a college campus preferred.
Salary: $39,742 – $48,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/122310
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.