Campus Security Officer – Temporary
University of South Carolina Upstate
Campus Safety Officers will lock and secure University buildings and classrooms, provide safety and security for the campus community and those visiting the University. They will also work to prevent theft of, or damage to equipment and content of buildings and grounds. In addition, Campus Safety Officers will deter disorderly conduct and unwanted intrusions to University property and serve as backup personnel for University Police. Assignments may also include stationary post assignments to monitor doors, area and people.
• Ensures that exterior doors are locked according to schedule. Controls access to facilities and performs regular safety checks of buildings and grounds.
• Unlocks doors for authorized personnel to enter buildings as directed by an authorized University official or supervisor.
• Patrols University property checking for unusual conditions such as fires, prowlers, trespassers, vandalism, suspicious, circumstances and other unsafe conditions.
• Patrols campus and issues citations to illegally parked vehicles.
• Ensures those loading or unloading equipment or materials from buildings have proper authorization.
• Responds to assist patrol officers as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED; Must be 21 years of age. Must possess a valid South Carolina driver’s license with a good driving record. Successful background check is required.
Associates degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice. Prior safety, security or law enforcement experience preferred.
$15.00 per hour
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/126759
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.