University of South Carolina Upstate
Clinician is responsible for providing individual, couples, and group therapy for USC Upstate students, USC Upstate Palmetto College Students, and USC Upstate Scholars Academy students. Service provision includes face-to-face counseling as well as TeleMental Health services. Clinician will engage in offering crisis services and will participate in after-hours on-call rotation. The clinician will offer consultation to students, faculty, staff, and family. The clinician will conduct a variety of educational workshops and outreach offerings for students, faculty and staff, as well as offer clinical supervision for graduate students.
• Utilizing differential diagnosis and clinically relevant psychotherapeutic techniques, counsels psychologically impaired students individually and in groups and couples following federal, state, professional and University regulations.
• Conducts comprehensive psychometric evaluations utilizing standardized test batteries, initial and follow-up interviews, and individualized tests.
• Works in conjunction with the Director of Counseling Services to provide educational programming and outreach for students, faculty and staff.
• Follows established policies, procedures and practices, maintains accurate and up to date record keeping and documents activity through electronic health records.
• Provides consultation to students, faculty, staff and family regarding mental health concerns and engages in activities to promote Counseling Services. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director Counseling Services.
• Supervises, trains and advises graduate student interns concerning individual diagnosis and treatment planning. Supervises intern’s client records, progress notes, and other necessary documentation
A Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, counselor education or related field with a minimum of two years full-time counseling experience and South Carolina state license required. Successful background check is required.
Experience preferred in a college counseling setting. Three or more years of full-time experience is preferred.
$45,181 – $49,503; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/130663
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.