To submit your application, please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
The Hive Community Circle (The Hive) is a local non-profit organization that was founded in 2015 with a visionary spirit and urgent objective: to help prevent violence against some of our nation’s most vulnerable populations of women and girls. Our mission is to provide unwavering support and compassion to the most impacted, yet most underserved survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking in SC.
The Hive Community Circle is looking for a creative candidate to serve as the Communications Specialist to help ensure the organization is working towards its ongoing and important mission. This position is responsible for creating and implementing The Hive’s communications and marketing plan and programs, including but not limited to online media, newsletters, social media, marketing collateral, and blog.
Organization Benefits and Perks:
We offer a variety of growth and professional development opportunities, a welcoming environment for our team members.
● Generous Paid Time Off.
● Competitive Compensation.
● Eligibility for monthly stipend towards medical insurance.
● Eligibility for dental and vision insurance.
● Eligibility for Employee Assistance Program enrollment.
● Eligibility for Long-and Short-term disability.
● Support for Community Involvement.
● Paid Holidays.
Job Details: $45,000-$50,000 exempt salary/ Full-Time/ Hybrid (Initial 3 days per week in the office) Located in Columbia, SC
Schedule: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:00pm / There may be times where the nature of the work and demand of the projects you work beyond these parameters including evenings and weekends.
The Communications Specialist will be accountable for strategic efforts and their execution including, but not limited to:
● Develop and execute communications plan, including but not limited to, drafting content, managing, and implementing content calendars, and reporting on relevant analytics.
● Develop and execute a marketing plan based on the organization’s strategic plan.
● Develop standard operating procedures for the communication department that will provide oversight and guidance to the full organization, including but not limited to the development of a press kit, media requests, interacting with media outlets, internal communication requests processes, etc.
● Lead marketing efforts across social media, web, and traditional media, such as pamphlets, brochures, and newsletters.
● Serve as a liaison between the organization and the community for external requests, which may at times include speaking on behalf of the organization publicly
● Establish and maintain effective communication within the line of business. Create and administer content management and project communication plans.
● Implement new digital engagement opportunities, i.e., podcasts, YouTube, mini docuseries campaigns, etc.
● Plan and lead implementation of various initiatives, including but not limited to, utilization of analytics, that facilitate The Hive media engagement.
● Maintain and edit video, audio, and photography content, and develop material to maximize The Hive’s bank of digital marketing materials.
● Manage The Hive’s social media accounts and campaigns, in addition to day-to-day activities including but not limited to, monitor, listen, respond to users in a respectful and information-based manner that supports The Hive’s goals.
● Collaborate with team members across the organization and the Executive Director, to ensure branding guidelines are consistent across program initiatives and projects (social media, online and print material products, and The Hive website).
● Research and monitor performance of communication initiatives, and industry trends to find opportunities to raise awareness and engagement for The Hive.
● Coordinate and develop new content for The Hive’s newsletters, blogs, and website.
● Support team members programming efforts by fulfilling marketing and communication needs as requested
● Other duties as assigned and/or determined.
The Ideal Candidate:
You utilize your excellent creative skills to craft an intriguing narrative that encourages community engagement with The Hive, through various forms of media. Your goal is to
build a bridge between the community and The Hive by publishing informed content that facilitates the growth of the organization. You have a passion for offering unwavering support and compassion to people The Hive serves, and a dedication to offering exemplary customer service with all collaborating partners of the organization.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
● Must have a bachelor’s degree in public relations/communications, journalism, or related field.
● Must have a minimum of two years of related experience.
● Extremely proficient in website platforms, online web browsers and social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and TikTok, as well as analytics tools to shape engagement.
● Current in effective utilization of print materials, online materials, and social media to inform about an organization and incite support.
● Ability to organize workflow, prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal direction, meet deadlines, think critically and creatively, and demonstrate a keen attention to detail.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative relationships with internal and external partners.
● Strong commitment to The Hive Community Circle’s mission and philosophy.
The Hive Community Circle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.