Counselor/Instructor – Grant
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Counselor/Instructor of the TRIO Student Services Program will be responsible for assisting the Director with the activities of the program: teaching, academic advising, tutor training, and counseling, as well as maintaining participant records and planning special events.
• Plans and assists with the implementation of special cultural and educational activities.
• Teaches a University 101 in the fall semester.
• Provides academic advisement for student participants.
• Counsels students regarding educational, financial, career and personal matters.
• Conducts support workshops and seminars as needed.
• Maintains appropriate documentation of student contact and educational progress.
• Administers selected educational tests.
• Assesses the impact of the program on students.
• Trains Peer Leaders
Masters degree in Student Personnel Services or related field and 2 years related experience, or bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience. Good driving record, valid driver’s license and successful background check are required.
$37,290 – $42,511 (11-month)
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/153622
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities