Course Reserve & Resource Sharing Specialist
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Course Reserve and Resource Sharing Specialist performs a variety of Library Access Services tasks related to circulation, managing requests from within the statewide consortium (PASCAL Delivers), managing print and digital reserves, and basic technology assistance. Provides directional reference services and maintains workflow at the circulation service desk.
• Coordinates and conducts all functions of PASCAL Delivers and local requests, both physical and digital. Prepares and sends library notices of all types. Searches shelves for billed items.
• Provides circulation services including charging and discharging books, media, and reserve materials using a Shared Library Services Platform (Alma); maintains patron records; collects and receipts money; opens and closes the library as required. When responsible for the library, coordinates security with University Police.
• Coordinates print and electronic library reserves.
• Provides backup for basic Interlibrary Loan processing.
• Shares in student assistant supervision and problem resolution.
• Shares in stacks maintenance services including shelving, shifting, shelf reading and searching.
• Assists patrons with technology problems, troubleshoots problems with online account access, reports printing problems. Maintains toner and paper supplies to printers.
• Assists patrons with the directional and collection questions.
• Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma and 2 years library experience. Successful background check is required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Previous training and experience in library services platform preferred.
$28,342 – $32,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/125742
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.