Custodian (3 positions)
University of South Carolina Upstate
Performs custodial and housekeeping duties on USC Upstate campus for assigned buildings, specified areas, having knowledge of all buildings to be able to perform work in any building as needed or on a rotational building schedule with flexibility to work weekends and any shift.
• Performs general cleaning for all elements of restrooms, classrooms, lobbies, common areas, office areas, as well as all other building spaces. Performs all tasks necessary or essential to maintain the general cleanliness of buildings.
• Performs general floor maintenance by polishing, buffing, stripping, sealing, washing all types of floors, using all methods of carpet/carpet care/cleaning including wet and dry, as well as other tasks necessary or essential to maintain floors.
• Transports cleaning supplies and tools between Facilities and assigned buildings. Transports building waste/recyclables to designated disposal locations of dumpsters on campus as well as other tasks necessary.
• Manages inventory supplies/materials for all buildings, monitoring event communication by special event posts, inspecting and reporting any building deficiencies to respective departments by generating work requests and entering work functions and data into the work management system.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma and 2 years related experience or equivalency. Valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Considerable knowledge of custodial operations and methods.
Salary: $31,620 – $33,709
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/153146
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.