Greenville Center for Creative Arts (GCCA) is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 2015 by a dedicated group of artists, arts advocates, and community leaders. Located in the historic Brandon Mill in the Village of West Greenville, GCCA’s mission is to enrich the cultural fabric of the community through visual arts promotion, education, and inspiration. It is the only art center of its kind in the Greenville, SC area, specializing in hands-on visual arts instruction. GCCA offers art classes for all ages and skill levels, private artist studios, free high-profile public exhibitions, and innovative outreach programs for underserved children and young emerging artists. Its vision is to build an engine for creativity and community building that crosses boundaries and overcomes barriers.
GCCA has already made its mark on the Greenville community and beyond, being named “One of Five Places to Visit in Greenville” by the New York Times. Over the past two years, GCCA also earned the distinction as the only arts organization in Greenville that remained open with no interruption of service during the duration of the pandemic (except for the mandated closure), thanks to financial support from its community and thoughtful adherence to safety protocols for events and programming.
GCCA is on solid financial footing, and its board recently approved a three-year strategic plan and 10-year vision that will guide priorities and decision-making. This places GCCA in an exciting position of strength to recruit a Development Director who will take the organization to the next phase of its evolution.
The Development Director, in partnership and reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of GCCA’s fundraising efforts, including the annual fund, institutional giving, corporate giving, grant writing and reporting, and special events. The Development Director will focus their expertise on growing individual contributions to GCCA’s annual fund, including identifying and cultivating relationships with prospective major donors with the goal to strengthen relationships to identify and steward donors and community partners.
- Work collaboratively with CEO to develop and implement GCCA’s annual fundraising plan
- Support the development and maintenance of ongoing relationships with donors to cultivate, steward, and solicit ongoing financial support for GCCA’s mission
- Identify prospective donors and organizations to build new funding prospects in collaboration with the board and members of the GCCA team
- Secure, schedule, and participate in meetings and presentations to prospective individuals, organizations, and companies to build strategic partnerships and secure new financial support
- Manage implementation of the constituent management system, with responsibility for data entry, gift processing, and pledge tracking
- Support development and implementation of a strategy for a larger, sustained base of annual donors
- Conduct research to identify new sources for grant funding
- Develop, track, and assist in the completion of required proposals and reports required for grants, foundation, and corporate fundraising
- Schedule, coordinate, and prepare materials for meetings of the board, and other fundraising committees/groups
- Support CEO with administrative functions as needed
- Support GCCA team at organizational events, activities, and outreach as needed
- Five or more years of professional experience in a non-profit fundraising or business development role; demonstrated success in a development function (managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources)
- Tangible experience expanding and cultivating existing donor relationships over time; familiarity with Greenville community desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors
Flexible and adaptable style
- Ability to work independently without close oversight, but also a team player who will productively engage with staff and stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree required, CFRE certification a plus
- High energy and passion for GCCA’s mission
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail; experience managing a CRM system
- Customer focused, with the ability to manage multiple projects and relationships while meeting established deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time (40 hours/week), exempt position with some evening and weekend work required. GCCA supports some flexible work from home hybrid options. The salary range for this role is $60-75,000 annually. Employees of GCCA are reimbursed at 100% for the premiums of individual (employee only) medical, dental, and vision coverage. GCCA provides short-term and long-term disability insurance for all exempt employees at no charge. GCCA provides a 401K plan for all exempt employees, however GCCA does not contribute to the plan. Other benefits include competitive PTO and annual holiday leave.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume, and fundraising portfolio of relevant experience to Jess Burgess, Chief Executive Officer, at [email protected]. Please include the name of position and name of applicant in the subject line of your email.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by their supervisor. This document does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
GCCA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse and pluralistic team.