Director of Advancement Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
Under limited supervision, reporting to the Vice Chancellor of University Advancement, the Director of Advancement Services, provides leadership and strategic direction for the Advancement Services area of the Division of University Advancement (UA). Serves as the customer relations management (CRM) software and applications administrator for alumni/development systems and is responsible for database management, prospect research and moves management process, advancement reporting, gift recording, data integrity and data security. Provides technical advice, forecasting, training, and support related to alumni and donors for the division and campus; and supports end users of the CRM software and associated applications. The Director supervises the Alumni/Development Coordinator I and student workers. The Director will evaluate and make recommendations on continuous improvement processes to better serve University Advancement.
• Organizes and leads regular sessions to assign prospects, monitor timely movement through the pipeline, and develop and enhance strategy to convert prospects to donors; leads the team in prospect rating and screening process. Articulates a vision and plan that will most efficiently and effectively support the Development and Alumni Relations divisions in achieving their goals. Supervises the Alumni Development Coordinator I and a student worker. The Director will be tasked with mentoring his direct reports.
• Organizes and leads the moves management process, monitor the prospect pipeline, and develop and enhance strategy to convert prospects to donors; leads the team in prospect rating and screening process. Supports the fundraising efforts of the division by discovering, researching, and qualifying individuals, corporations and foundations with, or who are believed to have; the affinity and capacity to make a significant gift to the University. Provides relevant prospect affinity and wealth capacity information which will assist the division in identifying and cultivating prospects, and ultimately, closing gifts and maintaining prospect and donor relationships.
• Produces complex reports and data exports from the Advancement CRM system. Creates targeted data lists for communications, solicitations, invitations, etc., for development and alumni staff as well as other campus constituents. Selects, analyzes, and prepares data for solicitations. Implements quality control measures necessary to produce accurate reports, reliable delivery, and realistic deadlines. Work with UA senior leadership on policies, metrics, and goals to be reported. Creates processes and procedures for creating and maintaining accurate constituent records.
• Ensures university constituents receive the support and information they require to be strong partners for UA engagement and philanthropic efforts. Provides advice and guidance on all reporting and data requests from the CRM system and related applications.
• Develops and maintains a dynamic list of guidelines, procedures, and policies to ensure the integrity and utility of data for Advancement operations. Provides technical support to all end users of the Raiser’s Edge database and related applications. Ensures and maintains security controls for all UA computer-related information and systems.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree and 6 years related experience in an area such as alumni development, fundraising, prospect research, or business development. A valid driver’s license, good driving record and successful background check are required. Ability to travel to conferences overnight for continual educational/professional development and growth.
Knowledge of fundraising software, especially Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT. Knowledge of online resources and database management. Familiarity with data import/export. Knowledge of higher education development.
$58,845 – $64,309; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/123069
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.