Director of Advisement and Career Enrichment Services (ACES)
University of South Carolina Upstate
Director of JCBE’s Center of Advisement and Career Enrichment Services (ACES) leads the center and coordinates programs and initiatives that promote Business majors student success, including academic advising, academic support, professionalism, and career development and guidance.
• Supervises, leads and mentors ACES staff and student assistants, in compliance with university policy and procedures, completing EPMS timely and accurately, and monitoring employee progress towards goal attainment. Communicates expectations and provides feedback to assist performance improvement, professional development, and skills/competency development.
• Evaluates transcripts, advises students, develops plans of study, and coordinates JCBE involvement in open houses, new student orientation, and transfer OAR events.
• Develops and implements programs that promote student success, academic support, leadership development, career development, and professionalism.
• Coordinates career and internship employer recruiting events.
• Oversees JCBE communications (website, social media, newsletters).
• Serves as the JCBE liaison to entities within and outside of USC Upstate.
• Tracks placement of interns and graduates of the JCBE.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Master’s degree in Student Services or related field and 2 years in higher education academic support services, first year experience programming or business setting or bachelor’s degree and 4 years in higher education academic support services, first year experience programming or business setting. Successful background check is required.
Preferred Qualifications: A record of successful experience in a similar role is preferred.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/118487
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.