Director of Counseling Services
University of South Carolina Upstate
The Director of Counseling Services is responsible for the administrative management and clinical oversight of the Counseling Services office within the Division of Student Affairs. The Director will coordinate work of administrative and mental health staff to provide comprehensive mental health services to the USC Upstate community.
- Develop, implement, and enforce Counseling Services clinical, administrative, and HIPAA related policies and procedures. Plan, implement, and oversee continuous evaluation and improvement of Counseling Services. Serve as HIPAA Compliance & Privacy Officer for Counseling Services. Maintain all relevant ethical, legal, and professional standards of practice for Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage or Family Therapists, or Social Workers (as relevant to credentials of staff) in the state of SC.
- Manage effective tracking & reporting of Counseling Services offerings across all aspects of Counseling Service’s mission: direct therapeutic services, outreach & education, professional development & training, testing services, crisis coordination, medication management, and campus consultation.
- Plan, develop and coordinate educational workshops, outreach services, and marketing efforts. Serve as the primary Miller Analogy Test Administer for the university.
- Offers face-to-face or Tele-Mental Health individual, couples, or group counseling following federal, state, professional and University regulations.
- Fiscal management, hiring, retaining, and supervision of personnel, and resource coordination (human and material). Responsible for managing over a $600,000 budget.
- Serve on Campus Assessment, Referral and Evaluation Team and other campus or community-based committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Dean of Students.
Minimum Qualifications: A master’s degree in counseling, psychology or counselor education with a minimum of six years counseling experience is required. License required; four or more years of experience in a college setting. Successful background check is required.
The Director may occasionally need to oversee services after-hours or on the weekends. Normal office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm. There will also be occasional required travel to conferences or meetings.
Preferred Qualifications: A terminal degree is preferred.
Salary: $61,787 – $82,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/122331
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.