Engineer I – Maintenance
Req ID 8013 | Gray Court, United States
We are looking for a new colleague to join our Maintenance Department in Gray Court, South Carolina.
- Facilitate changes to enhance the machine functionality of the equipment.
- To continuously improve/upgrade equipment.
- Troubleshoot and solve errors/problems on production equipment.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization; space requirements; workflow; and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Determines product specifications for the purchase of equipment, materials, tooling or parts, according to specifications and quality standards.
- Contacts potential suppliers for production equipment and makes the final technical choice.
- Follows the evolution of the equipment and performs acceptance evaluation accordingly.
- Responsible for the implementation of the equipment on the floor from delivery to hand off to production.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs on old and new productions to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, design and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Involvement in team meetings with production workers to help determine and develop areas of improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical preferred)
- 0-2+ years of related experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD and knowledge of other CAD tools
- 5+ plus years Maintenance Engineering experience with an automotive company (preferred)
- Prior experience in assembly/Maintenance environment, plant layout, cost analyst, budgeting, blueprint reading, pneumatics and hydraulics (preferred)
- Must be a ZF internal employee
Be part of our ZF team as Engineer I – Maintenance and apply now!
DIVERSITY COMMITMENT To harness the power of innovation, we invest in the development of diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to our company. Our company is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with us and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please contact us. Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. ZF is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Click here to apply.