Event Set-up and Asset Coordinator
University of South Carolina Upstate
Reporting to the Director of Facilities Management, the Event Set-up and Asset Coordinator for special events set-ups and planning, permanent furniture/equipment moves, collection of surplus property, classroom furniture and campus signage inventory.
- Schedules and coordinates with the Special Events Department (SE) and Facilities Management Department (FMD). For special events activities and graduation on campus. Supervises activities of set-up crew, including as many as four seasonal employees, and performs set-ups to ensure physical layout of equipment, flooring and furnishings for special events meets requirements of event sponsor. Supervises and performs event tear-downs, including identifying damaged equipment and returning equipment to original location. Inspecting and reporting any damages to building to SE and FMD.
- Schedules, coordinates, supervises and performs furniture/equipment moves for office/departmental relocations; ensures items are moved without damage; removal of surplus items to central location; surveys classroom furniture for seat counts, repair and replacement. Works with FMD and Inventory Control to move and manage used office furniture set-up in compliance with FMD policies and procedures.
- Meets with special event coordinators to ensure satisfaction with set-up; maintains calendar of events, and ensures the department meets all deadlines.
- Coordinates with Facilities Management: Building and Operations Services and Housekeeping and Landscape Services divisions to collaborate facilities support with events.
- Assist FMD project coordinator with new campus furniture and signage. Will install room identification signage.
- Hires, trains, supervises, evaluated temporary and student employees. Processes human resources actions as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required to assist technical trades
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. A good driving records, a valid driver’s license; and successful background check are required.
Preferred Qualifications: Two years of related work experience, including one year of supervisory experience, and proficiency with electronic work order systems and Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience coordinating set-ups with facilities management.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/134771
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.