University of South Carolina Upstate
Reporting to the Vice Chancellor for University Advancement who also serves as Executive Director of the USC Upstate Foundations, this position provides executive-level assistance and support to the Office of the University Advancement, affiliated Foundations, and the Spartanburg County Commission on Higher Education.
• Administers the Office of University Advancement to ensure consistent and efficient operations of the division. Provides administrative assistance, such as writing and editing e-mails, drafting memos, and preparing communications on the vice chancellor’s behalf, maintaining comprehensive and accurate records, organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders, and organizing catering when necessary, answering phone calls in a polite and professional manner, coordinating travel arrangements for team members and prospective employees, welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate team member and managing the vice chancellor’s calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters.
• As Board Administrator, coordinates and plans all activities related to the Spartanburg County Commission for Higher Education, the University Foundation Board of Directors, the Alumni Advisory Council, and the Capital Development Foundation Board of Directors, including scheduling, meeting minutes, reporting, and communications.
• Serves as a liaison and maintains a positive rapport and interface between the Office of University Advancement and university constituents, including faculty, staff, students, alumni, donors as well as the community at large.
• Assists in planning and executing signature events in conjunction with the Office of Special Events and other related parties. Serve on multiple event planning committees including commencement, Arbor Day, etc.
• Coordinates the Chancellor’s Ambassadors organization, including facilitating the selection process of students, programming for the organization and scheduling for event attendance.
• Provide administrative support to the AVC for UM&C.
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and 4 years related experience in business management, public administration, or administrative services; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Experience with Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge, BoardEffect, SharePoint and PeopleSoft software a plus.
$38,984 – $45,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/129841
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.