Executive Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
University of South Carolina Upstate
Provide executive-level assistance and support to the Vice Chancellor and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics and USC Upstate Intercollegiate Athletics Division.
• Serve as the primary contact and liaison between the Vice Chancellor and Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, other executive offices, divisional staff, university offices, league office staff, and external constituencies including community leaders, alumni, and donors.
• Organizes the Vice Chancellor and Athletic Director’s daily affairs. This includes calendar coordination, scheduling appointments, organizing meetings and events, assembling appropriate files and documents, making travel arrangements, reviewing and sorting incoming mail, routing correspondence and tracking response deadlines, receiving and assisting visitors, and organizing and maintaining confidential information and department files.
• Supports the athletics senior leadership team and provides assignments and deadlines to staff members following meetings and retreats to further initiatives and communications within the department.
o Plans, organizes, and coordinates special projects, events, and meetings for the department as assigned.
o Supports the VC and Athletics Director and senior leadership team to achieve appropriate department presence. Research, prepare, and distribute information regarding activities and events. Supports the department with various fundraising and donor relations activities.
• As HR contact, coordinate with the University’s Human Resource office concerning hiring and termination processes. Process new and rehire paperwork specific to the Athletics division hourly and temp exempt positions. Process all undergraduate student and graduate assistant employment. Maintain electronic database of all personnel documents.
• Supports the Athletics Division as HR contact. Works with AD and HR division to prepare contracts for new coaches, monitor and prepare coaches extension letters and contract extension forms each year or as needed. Prepares coaches contract incentives form at the end of each sports competition cycle (fall, winter and spring) and submits to HR for payment.
• Serve as the Athletics Department liaison with University Housing as needed. In collaboration with coaches coordinate on-campus housing needs for student-athletes on an annual basis. This includes incoming student-athletes, summer housing, early arrival for fall sports, and extended stay for spring sports.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree, or high school diploma and 4 years work experience that is directly related to the area of employment; or equivalency. Successful background check is required.
Prefer experience in athletics administration support in a higher education environment.
$41,258 – $45,000; Salary commensurate with education and experience.4
For more information and/or to apply, go to https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/154214
The University of South Carolina is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
USC Upstate offers a valuable benefits package including but not limited to:
• Health and Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs
• Paid Tuition Program
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Annual Leave
• Sick Leave
• 13 Paid Holidays (including an extended December holiday)
• Paid Parental Leave
• Professional Development Opportunities