POSITION: Offline Slitter Specialist – Normal schedule (Monday-Friday- 8 hour schedule)
This position is responsible for operating the Offline Slitter at SL1 which is used as a tool to re-inspect, re-splice or otherwise transform rolls of Spunlace product required to meet strict customer specifications. This position has dual reporting responsibility to production and quality assurance.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to operate the Mondon Offline Slitter – training will be provided with demonstrated certification to qualify
• Ability to read specifications, make precise measurements and follow procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to meet all specified quality parameters
• Demonstrated ability to work at a steady and efficient pace and work in a fast pace setting
• Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and self-managed
• Ability to input data in AX and to create roll labels, bundle labels and register product accurately
• Demonstrated ability to keep work area neat and organized
• Demonstrated ability to set-up and maintain knives as needed
• Knowledge of tension principles
• Ability to communicate with multiple departments and levels of management
• Follow all safety procedures, Fibertex policies and rules.
• Ensure quality products.
• Willingness to train others as required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Complete and maintain documentation as needed.
• Associates or Technical Degree preferred
• High School Diploma or GED required
• Ability to read instruments, meters, charts, gauges, and accurately maintain records of plant operations.
• Ability to read and comprehend written technical information and to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to review, classify and prioritize and/or analyze data.
• Problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities to resolve workplace process problems – Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to operate and/or control the actions of equipment, tools, and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
• Sense of urgency and ability to complete multi tasks timely as well as demonstrate attention to detail and monitoring.
• Forklift certification and experience required
• Overtime may be required on a regular basis, after hour and weekend on call, support may be required.
• Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
• Ability to wear PPE.
• Occasional lifting bags/boxes/equipment up to 60 pounds. Repetitive lifting of less than 50 pounds.
• Climbing ladders, working on platforms to tend and monitor equipment and gauges.