Financial Aid CounselorJune 29, 2022
Financial Aid Counselor
University of South Carolina Upstate
Responsible for the daily operation of Direct Federal Loans (Direct, PLUS, and Perkins) via the Department of Education (ED) website, the SC Teacher Loan Programs and private loan programs on all lender platforms and monitor via the Electronic Loan Management (ELM) and (COD) Common Origination and Disbursement systems. Performs FA counseling to prospects, parents, students, faculty and staff. Performs file review, required follow up and verification of data as required by the ED. Responsible for the oversight of student processing within NSLDS. Awards SC Teaching Fellows.
• Representing the FA office at high school and college recruiting events on campus and some travel to events in the Upstate area.
• Counsels all students prospective and current as well as parents, faculty and staff.
• Monitors loan approvals, rejects, and denials. Responsible for adjustments to loans and other sources of aid. Awards loans both Direct and Private loans and ensures proper integrity of the Financial Aid (FA) system. Responsible for the setup and processing of all loan funds for all lender platforms and monitor via the ELM and COD systems which will ensure the integrity for certification, reallocation, and receipt of funds.
• Review and process all loan application including loan certification.
• Responsible for awarding and reporting for SC Teaching Fellows
• Review student files for SC Teacher Loan Program. Monitors and awards SC Teacher Loan working with SC Student Loan Corporation to ensure awards are correct; and awards are correctly added to the Financial Aid System.
• Responsible for set up of all students within the NSLDS system to ensure the transfer, monitor, and alert system is compliant with the ED
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education and experience. Successful background check is required.
Prefer financial aid experience and familiarity with financial aid related software systems and aid modules.
Prefer experience with student integrated systems, FA system, and various personal computer software.
$28,215 – $35,020; Salary commensurate with education and experience.
For more information and/or to apply, go to: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/123619
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.